NEURODEVELOPMENTAL TREATMENT PLAN
This treatment plan is applied based upon the profile of the Summary of Visual and Sensorimotor Skills that is developed for each patient. Extra-disciplinary referrals generally occur immediately, along with lens or orthoptic device prescriptions. (The Learning Clinic is a non-dispensing practice.)
Orthoptic visual therapies are done simltaneously with the motoric, auditory-motor, and visual-motor therapies. Each patient is placed in the protocol below at their appropriate level of performance, determined from the scores in the tests (in most instances) and by empirically determined criteria in a few other instances.
The therapeutic goals are criteria-referenced to each patient’s need’s: academic grades, improved work performances, improved reading comprehension, math computations skills, new visual comfort, etc.
- Minimize Sensory Defects.
- Medical referral for metabolic disorders.
- Visual appliance prescription.
- Visual therapy (done collaterally with sensorimotor therapy).
- Otological evaluation/therapy.
- Allergy evaluation/therapy.
- Psychometric/affective referral.
- Motoric Foundation.
- Build deficient gross motor skills.
- Build/refine deficient fine motor skills.
- Build bilateral integration skills.
- Build reaction time.
- Internalize directionality.
- Auditory-motor Skills.
- Habilitate sequencing/rhythm skills.
- Refine auditory discrimination skills.
- Build analytical abilities.
- Build auditory conceptualization.
- Visual-motor Skills.
- Gestalt (whole/parts).
- Integration with kinesthesia and auditory (throughout).
- Cognitive Objectives (throughout).
- Sematic/Pragmatic remediation.